If you’ve watched a few Hallmark Christmas movies, you know there are a handful of tropes that are mixed and matched. Let’s see how many items each movie can check off this list.
1. Small town person who loves the small town and hates the big city
2. Workaholic who is too busy for Christmas
3. Lead is stranded in a small town over Christmas due to weather or vehicle trouble
4. Single parent
5. Is that guy secretly Santa Claus?
7. Christmas Pageant
8. Christmas Contest
9. Christmas Festival or Gala
10. Christmas Tree Lighting
11. Christmas Baking
12. Winter Athletics-Ice skating, skiing, sledding-one person is bad, the other is good
13. Snowball fight
14. Christmas puns
15. Tearing down a historic landmark to build condos
16. Small shop in danger of going out of business
17. Dramatic conflict about something that wouldn’t be that big of a deal in real life
18. Someone working in a nondescript corporate job instead of chasing their real dream
19. A sassy and wise best friend
20. Christmas activity montage with peppy Christmas music playing
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.